Saturday, April 5, 2014

Apr05Art


Met Ron at 5 Guys for lunch, then we went to Lowe's and bought flowers and some vegetables for a container garden… just a few of our favorites for Summer salads, cucumbers, tomatoes, jalapeños, banana peppers, and habenero peppers.  
While Ron was at work this morning I finished watching the Sketchbook skool videos for week one, and did this drawing for the Day 1 assignment.  
Like a lot of other people, I'd LOVE to know the name of the pen Danny Gregory used to draw over the gouache, I tried a Pitt Pen… but didn't get around before it totally clogged up, tried my fountain pen, it refused to even try. Looked for my Pentel Pocket Brush pen, couldn't find it, did find a Chinese calligraphy brush pen that I didn't use much because the ink bleeds so much… however, it was smooth as silk over the gouache. I was going to write about how much I love these flip flops and how I so look forward to warm weather so that I can wear them… instead I poured out my frustrations with the tools I tried to use… It was a FUN exercise that had me digging thru my hoard of art supplies that I've never used, the Dr. Phil's liquid watercolor that I've never used, and the gouache too, in a box, in a drawer, never seen the light of day before… so THANK YOU Danny for this great Demo… I'm using a 9x12 Strathmore Watercolor Journal for the class drawings, so this is 18 x 12 as it spans 2 pages, a real stretch for me as I usually draw much smaller, and do the lines first not last.



No comments:

Post a Comment