Thursday, September 4, 2014

My First Homemade Sketchbook

I used this tutorial to make my very first handmade sketchbook.  http://nyergesart.blogspot.com/2014/08/we-can-try-to-make-this-book-or-one.html  I used the Strathmore Mixed Media paper she suggested as well as some Bockingford 140 lbs tinted papers.  I only did 4 signatures, because I thought 6 would be too thick.  I also made mine landscape instead of portrait.
This shows a cream colored page next to a white page.  I still have a week or more in my current sketchbook, and then I'm planning to put this book to the test.  I'm already planning a larger sketchbook, making this one was fun.

6 comments:

  1. I don't feel very crafty...but this was fun, and not as hard as I'd thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS ELAINE!!! This looks wonderful! I am so glad you were able to use the instructions and have it come out right!! I was so afraid they would be confusing, or worse, wrong!!!!! Thank you for sharing!
    judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your instructions were clear and easy to follow...thanks so much for taking the time to post your how to

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are incredible Elaine! A beautiful book.
    Thanks for the link too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Pamo..I'm looking forward to using it.

    ReplyDelete