Friday, November 21, 2014

Nov21Art

When I did a color chart for my Liz Steel Sketching Now class, I realized I had two reds almost exactly alike.  I used up the Permanent Alizarin Crimson making Christmas Cards for an Exchange with other Sketchbook School Students and changed that out for Quinacradone Magenta.  For the first page in this journal I decided to re-do the color chart and now I see that the Quin Magenta is very close to the Mineral Violet I already have…. so I may be in search of a new color again real soon.  Oh in a couple of days you'll see a page where I tried to cover up the date and weather with some Washi tape, didn't quite work because the date is still visible.  Here's the story on that, I usually start the day, by dating my journal page and including the weather forecast for the day… for some reason I did that 2 pages into the book this morning… when I picked up my journal to do this color chart I discovered my mistake… I hate to waste paper, so I tried to cover up my error on that page, and did my color chart on the real page one.

No comments:

Post a Comment